SELATTYN and GOBOWEN PARISH COUNCIL
Notice of appointment of date for the exercise of electors’ rights
Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2016
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, and the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 (SI 234)
- Date of announcement: 1st June 2016
- Each year the Council’s Annual Return is audited by an auditor appointed by Public Sector Appointments Limited. Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. For the year ended 31st Match 2016, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Miss Amy Gregory – Parish Clerk
Telephone: 01691 829571
Commencing on 3rd June 2016
And ending on 14th July 2016
3. Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts and
- The right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose on 18th July 2016 and after that date will be available at the address given in paragraph 4 below until the audit has been completed.
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 and the National Sudit Office Code of Audit Prectice. Your Audit is being carried out by:
Mazars LLP, The Rivergreen Centre, Aykley Heads, Country Durham, DH1 5TS
5. This announcement is made by Amy Gregory, Parish Clerk.